Friday, November 11, 2011

Getting to know you...err, me

I suppose it's only right to actually tell any readers of this blog something about me. Sooooooo, here's a little Stacey 101.

I was born and raised in the Midwestern state of Iowa. I've helpfully pointed it out on the map below. My rudimentary pictorial skills have also illustrated that Iowa is the land of corn, NOT potatoes (that is Idaho, y'all...seriously). I appreciate my roots of a small-town upbringing, but am very glad to live elsewhere now.


So where do I live now? COLORADO!!! I absolutely love this state! There is so much to see and do, I just can't get enough. I mean, just look at those views!

In my years of living here, I've attempted both skiing and snowboarding in order to get into the true Colorado winter lifestyle. I'm successful at neither, but I can apres ski like nobody's business!

My family is fantastic and I love them all. I am the middle child of the bunch with an older sister and younger brother. My Mom and Dad divorced when I was young (around 9-ish), so that has been our family dynamic for well over half of my life. My brother-in-law joined our crazy family in 2005. His doctor skills have come in handy during calls about my various maladies.

The fam at sister's 2005 wedding. It's the most recent pic I could find of us all together. Divorce does that, ya know?

My sister is my best friend in the whole world. She's known me her whole life, and I really added joy to her life when I came into the world. She would certainly second this thought...if she felt the need to have an online presence. Essentially, this paragraph is just an excuse to show this adorable picture of us in our younger years. It's probably my favorite picture ever!

Our grandpa taught us the love of John Deere from the start!

The newest addition to our family is my sweet niece, Anna. She is the most adorable child I have ever seen. I can say this with authority, obviously, having seen every child on earth. I feel like being an aunt is one of my favoritest (this is a word, I swear) ever. I can hang out with her and spoil her to no end, but if things go south and she gets a little ornery, then I can give her back. It's a win-win situation!


And last, but not least, is my boyfriend, Jordan. He is wonderful and probably the most patient person I know to put up with me. He is absolutely the love of my life.

Halloween 2010. I was Marty McFly from Back to the Future. He was a ceiling fan (no, not the thing you see on a ceiling; he was a fan of ceilings, like "Go Ceilings!").

Lollapalooza 2011. Chicago. Great time.


I'm pretty sure the people that are currently reading this blog probably already know this information that I've shared, so if that's the case, you're welcome for the refresher! I'll call that good for now, but don't worry, you'll get to know me so much more in the near future! Until then...


1 comment:

Kelly L said...

1. That diagram is, how do the kids say it, "totes excellent."
2. You and Sara as youngins = adorable. You should post more of those. I like to post pictures of me & Mindy as small children. We were adorable. Or, again, as the kids say, "totes adorable." Or maybe they say "totes adorbs." But that makes me twitch.
2b. Anna is totes adorable too.
3. You & Jordan are my favorite.
4. That Marty McFly costume is AMAZING. Good work.