Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Positive Thinking

There are just days that really suck. Today was one of them. Waking up early for a current program, dealing with one of the rudest people I've ever encountered, cancelled flights (for attendees, not me), etc. etc.

I had my internal moments of freaking out and nearly coming to tears, but pushed those aside when thinking of the big picture. That rude guy has got to live a really sad life to treat people like that. The cancelled flights were accommodated and they were very happy for our help.

And then, I blast music to make me feel better. The song "It's a Great Day to Be Alive" by Travis Tritt is one of my favorite pick-me-up songs. Yes, it's a pretty damn hokey country song. But ya know, sometimes the situation calls for it. The heart of the message is what I really love - it truly is a great day to be alive, so just push the other crap aside and enjoy it!

Now you can enjoy the song courtesy of this here YouTube embed:

No comments: