The Oscars always provide a fun moment in the year for fashion. Now, let's get this straight, I'm definitely not a fashionista in any sense of the word (a vast majority of my wardrobe comes from Old Navy). However, I do enjoy seeing what the ladies decide to wear for "Hollywood's Super Bowl" (let's be honest, the guys have it way too easy, so I don't really count them).
Here are some of my favorites from this year:
 |
| Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen |
I thought Jessica looked absolutely stunning! Great half-up hairdo and the embellishment on the dress is fantastic.
 |
| Emma Stone in Giambattista Valli |
I know some "fashiony" people were knocking her choice, but I really like it. It was reminiscent of the dress Nicole Kidman wore a few years back, but softer. The bow could've been a bit smaller, imo, but a beautiful dress.
 |
| Gwyneth Paltrow in Tom Ford |
Simple, but elegant. And I loved the look even more when she took off the cape to later present an award.
 |
| Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton |
I love most of what Michelle Williams chooses to wear, and this was no different. She was on-trend with the peplum as well.
 |
| Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji |
I thought Octavia did a great job with her choice. It fit her body perfectly and flattered her in all the right ways.
And now for the WTF?!? moments:
 |
| Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace |
I thought the dress was beautiful, but that damn leg pose just ruined it for me. Why the leg, Ange?!?
 |
| Stacy Keibler in Marchesa |
Without the chunk of fabric on her right hip, I really think this could've been a winner. But alas...
 |
| Rooney Mara in Givenchy |
Her posture is atrocious, and I thought the fit was also poor. Seeing her during interviews was also bad...she just doesn't seem interested in being anywhere or talking to anyone.
 |
| Shailene Woodley in Valentino |
This dress is more suited for Carol Brady...aka in the late 60s. Just an odd choice for such a young actress.
No comments:
Post a Comment