As with most great things I come across these days, I was on Pinterest recently and saw a pin for a really cool product. It was the Q&A A Day 5 Year Journal, and after some price comparison between a few stores, I promptly purchased one for me and one for my sister on Amazon. Due to signing up for the Amazon Prime free month-long trial, I got the journals (and Season One of My Boys - seriously, one of the funniest shows ever!) just a day later - gotta love fast shipping!
I've never been much of a journal person, but the daily prompts make it very easy to get the thoughts free flowing. However, the thoughts can only flow for four lines - five years worth of answers do have to fit on one page! Some of the thoughtful questions that I've seen while paging through are "What is your mission?" (January 1), "Who loves you today?" (May 13), "Water, ice, or steam?" (July 1), "What famous person would you want to meet for drinks?" (October 18 - my birthday!), and "What is your dream vacation?" (December 20). Really, all of the questions are great because they are things that I probably wouldn't have thought of personally to get the writing process started.
I'm only just 11 days into this five year journal journey, but I am really enjoying it so far! I really can't wait to reflect on the journal as a whole at the end of 2016...holy crap, just typing that number is scary/crazy!

365 questions - 5 years - 1,825 answers*
*This is actually a tad incorrect. There is a page for February 29 (Leap Day), and since I'll hit two leap years throughout my five years, I'll technically be: 366 questions - 5 years - 1,827 answers!
4 comments:
Dear Stacey,
Why don't you blog more often?
Sincerely,
Anonymous
Very cool! I think I want one too :)
This is cool. If you ever run out of space, you could always use them as blog prompts. *cough* just sayin...
You're a genius, Kelly! I hadn't even considered them to be blog prompts...but that's a perfect use for some of the crazier ones (or even the normal ones)!
Post a Comment